Optometric Assistant Position
Are you looking to start a career with a growing organization that offers opportunity for growth, challenge, as well as continued learning opportunities? Then this is the position for you.
Company: Dr. Bishop & Associates has been proudly serving the Calgary community for over 30 years! We provide quality eye care for our patients using the latest and most advanced technologies available. We operate 3 clinics around the city located in Southcentre Mall, Marlborough Mall and Northland Village, with our administrative office located in Douglas Glen. We believe our employees are our most important asset and reward our employees for their successes. We continuously are dedicated to making this a great place to work!
Job Description: Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary screening tests with patients
- Reception and telephone handling. This encompasses booking patient appointments, triaging patient needs, assistance with other medical offices, etc.
- Checking patients’ in/out
- Assisting patients with insertion and removal techniques for contact lenses
- Accurately completing detailed daily reports
- Educating patients on eye health related issues
- Ophthalmology referrals
- Insurance and Alberta Health Care billings
- Continual learning and application of contact lenses, contact lens related products, new technology in instruments, nutraceuticals and dry eye associated products
- Providing exceptional customer service
Requirements and Qualifications: You will be a friendly, motivated and energetic individual that enjoys working with the public in a fast paced environment. Prior experience is an asset, however is not required as we will train qualified candidates. You will have demonstrated strong time management, organization, leadership, and communication skills and will have a strong desire and ability to learn.
Full time positions are available at our Southcentre (SE), Marlborough Mall (NE) and Northland Village (NW) locations. The candidate must be available all mall hours including Saturday, Sunday and Holidays and must be able to travel between any of our 3 clinic locations. Our compensation package will include competitive wages, as well as a bonus structure for full and part time positions. We also offer great health benefits and clothing allowances.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line reading Optometric Assistant. We value your interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.