$109 Basic Eye Exam
$139 Dilation Eye Exam
- A “healthy” individual should have the dilation exam done a minimum of every 3 years until the age of 65yrs old. After the age of 65, the dilation exam should be done every year.
- 200o Optomap eye exam is offered in place of a dilation exam with no side effects unlike the dilation.
$148 Comprehensive 200o Optomap Eye Exam
- Doctors are able to view the back of the eye where they normally wouldn’t have a clue of what’s happening
- In most cases replaces a dilation
- Symptoms have been found in patients that can be vision threatening and dangerous in the long term
- Dr. Bishop insists his family and friends to have this exam done because he wants to ensure nothing is missed
If you are a contact lens wearer or are interested in contact lenses, choose any one of the 3 exams above.
Alberta Health Care Eye Exam
Under 19 or over 65 Years Old?
Alberta Health Care will cover your basic eye exam. They will also cover a routine Dilation Exam on a separate day, an exam that should be completed every 3 years before the age of 19 and every year after the age of 65. Retinal photos imaging are strongly recommended to have done at each eye exam: a 45 degree photo is $15 and an Optomap 200 degree photo is $39.